Monday, April 4, 2011

Quiddtch Party Forever

Right, BEDA.... all ready a fail. I think this month is going to be more like BAEDA (Blog Almost Every Day in April.) Saturday I couldn't post because I didn't have access to a computer all day. And Sunday I came home to butt load of house work that I didn't finish till 1am. The end result of this is no blog for yesterday and the day before.

On Saturday morning, I got up and drove to LA to attend the West Cost Quiddtch Cup! It was pretty epic, I must say. Most of the day I spent selling raffle tickets and running carnival games to fundraise for The Final Battle. I personally sold 44 tickets. It took me back to the days of girl scout cookies. I didn't get to see that many games Saturday, but the one game I did take time to watch was the kids Quiddtch match. It was honestly the cutest thing I have ever scene. They had a little kid snitch who was probably better than most of the college snitches. Snitches are devious speedy little things. The only rule for the snitch is they can do whatever they want. What was most impressive about this little kid snitch was he ran strait for about 20 minuets. The seekers would switch out, but he kept running, jumping over chairs, and running though the crowd. I might have some video of that on my personal youtube channel later in the week. I'm not sure if it came out because I was borrowing Amanda's flip which has a broken screen.

Later that night there was a wrock show at the local Barns&Noble. Alex Carpenter played an awesome set, possible one of the best I've seen (other than at con's). Tracy and Noa signed one of his songs, "APWBD". You can see a video of it here. After the show I bought Spells From A Broken Wand,  the final Remus Lupins CD I've been missing. Dinner and then a party. That's right, I got invited to my first hotel party. There were a couple locals, us Final Battle people and one of the Quiddtch teams for a while. Later Alex and "Katniss" came. Honestly, it was epic and the most included and happy I've felt for a while. I didn't have to pretend like I was anyone but myself and that self was considered kinda cool. Mostly we talked about Buffy and Doctor Who, two of my favorite TV shows presently. It was honestly a huge nerd fest, butterbeer included. I didn't actually drink because I had to drive, and I'm finding I don't really like alcohol at all. I tried a sip of the butterbeer (which was freaking good) and I tried beer for the first time. I don't like it at all. All and all, a very successful night. Plus Rob promised me Star Wars marathon an to get me drunk if I wanted to. So I have that to look forward to next time I come to LA!

We got back to Tracy's around 3:30am preparing to get up at 8. Four hours of sleep for the win. Sunday, the plan was the same, promote The Final Battle and watch Quiddtch. Only today Tracy and Joe (Dancing Hagrid) had work. I helped set up but, I was exhausted from the night before and didn't want to deal with people/the booth so I spent most of the day watching the games with Amanda and her friend Brianna. The teams were as awesome as expected. I think the best snitch move was wen the two snitches switch shirts to confuse the seekers (two game are played at once). I told you they were devious.  I stayed till the final, congratulations to ASU! Then drove home listening to really loud wrock and singing (shouting) along. Although it was only around 4pm it was pretty hard to stay concentrated without the really loud music.

Over all, this weekend rates up there on the list of the best. I think that in my last post I may have been suffering from some Post-Potter Depression. Whenever I get to hang out with such awesome people, its so hard to go home and leave it all behind. I think this is one of the reasons I want to move to LA, or any other major city. As much as I love San Diego, I just don't know very many hard core Harry Potter fans. It gets kind of lonely sometimes. Lucky and the most amazing of all is, Cody is coming to Irvine next weekend which means I get to visit her! Super ecstatic!

PS: How many wrock references did you catch?

No comments:

Post a Comment